What do you think would be the first priority if you want to lose weight? I have a fair idea you guessed it right! I think we all understand this. It’s our diet. By diet I mean, what we eat… not a weight-loss diet. I’m going to share with you some foods to eat to lose weight faster… does that sound good? Thought so.
But as in all things we need to have a balanced outlook and remember that all diet and no exercise is going to slow your weight-loss efforts up tremendously. That’s why I’ve added a category called We Gotta Move – Exercise! You can go there and find some nice simple things you can do to get yourself moving during the day.
Now, if you are busy eating a lot of junk food and foods that have a tendency to pile on the weight, then you’re in for a hard time too. We need to learn to transfer from not-good-food to good-food choices. I’m hoping that through this site you are getting much more of an idea of what to eat and what not we should leave on the supermarket shelves.
We like simple don’t we? The easiest route rather than the hard. Well this site teaches you how to make better choices rather than suggesting you go without. With just about everything there is a good healthy food we can eat rather than food that contains no nutritional value. We really need to learn these things.
What I’m encouraging you to do is to stop focusing on how much you weigh and turn your attention to the nutritional value of what you eat. You’ll soon find yourself eating foods that satisfy the body rather than leaving it starving and craving for more sugar-sweet drinks and fat-filled meals. Here is a list of what I tend to drink… wonderful satisfying great-tasting drinks.
There are a few things we need to remember each time we go to eat a meal or a snack:
1. Include a high quality protein source with each meal and snack you eat. So what is a high quality protein? Some of the best sources are grass-fed meats and grass-fed raw dairy, if you can get it. Plant sources such as nuts and beans are good too. All these foods help you to suppress your appetite. If you eat sufficient protein as part of your meals or snack, it will help you to slow down the carbohydrates breakdown which means you are controlling your insulin levels and your blood sugar too.
Whether you understand the “why” you should eat some high quality protein or not doesn’t really matter at the end of the day. What is important is that you remember to add it to every meal… all the rest will just happen automatically. Cool!
2. You need to eat a healthy fat with each meal. Now that we’ve got the protein sorted we need to look at eating healthy fat with each meal. You are most probably saying “But hey! I wanna lose weight!” Sure, I understand this, but there’s fat and then there’s fat!
Once again, whether you understand this or not, if you add the right kind of fats to every meal you will begin to lose weight. But remember, we are not focusing on that are we? We’re more into making sure our bodies are being looked after correctly… that’s the important part of the equation.
No be sure to do this. It’s important to eat enough healthy fat to provide proper fat burning and muscle building hormone levels within your body. You will find you will be able to keep your appetite under control a lot easier if you eat adequate amounts of healthy fats.
So where do we find healthy fats? The healthiest sources are found in raw nuts, seeds, avocados, coconut oil, egg yolks, extra virgin olive oil and grass-fed meats.
– The eggs should be organic and free range.
– Extra virgin olive oil has the highest antioxidant content of all the olive oils.
– Coconut oil is a great source of healthy saturated fats
– Grass-fed meats can help your burn body fat and build your muscle.
Here is a suggestion: If you would like to suppress your appetite but still feed your body lots of good protein, fibre and healthy fats, you can do it by eating a handful of raw pecans, walnuts, or almonds. This will cause you to eat a smaller meal if you do it about 30 minutes before a meal. Nuts are very nutrient dense and a great choice to add to your diet. You’ll love them and your body will sure thank you for your trouble.
3. Make sure you add some fibre to every meal or snack. Your body is soon going to be doing cart-wheels with all this nice attention you’re giving it. Our normal diets are so devoid of fibre and it causes our bodies to struggle to elimate waste… not good. It’s time to up-the-ante and concentrate of what we are actually pouring into ourselves. Fibre can be found in most fruit and vegetables, so simply by adding these to our meal/snack we are doing the necessary.
If you want something that will really help to “move things along” why not go buy some psyllium husks. It’s tasteless and can be added to water or any drinks… or sprinkled on food; added to a smoothie… I love the way it helps to thicken it up. The really big recommendation I make here is that you be super careful what you buy as psyllium is one of the highest sprayed crops of all. You must buy organic… nothing else will do.
4.Include some Carbohydrates This is where we need to make some seriously good choices. For example, some say not to eat a normal potato, but really it’s more how the potato is cooked that matters. If you’re eating fries cooked in canola oil, that’s a very bad choice. Anything cooked in canola is a bad, bad choice. The same potato cooked in some coconut oil is good, good, good. I know there are people out there who will not agree with that but I challenge you to do your own research. Coconut oil helps with weight reduction.
I would strongly suggest you cut out the bread made from wheat… any type whether it’s white, brown, wholemeal, whole-grain… doesn’t matter. You need to make some better choices. I found this an enormous help… you may too.
Any fruit or vegetable is good… try to eat as many as you can, but make sure you eat the fruit whole. Juice is a really bad option. You can even take it further if you like and only eat low GI veges. It’s debatable. It’s not like we are on a weight-loss diet (heaven forbid) but we’re working on improved nutrition. My thought that it’s all good but make sure you are eating a total variety. Don’t only eat spuds. Come on! Variety.
3. I believe we should learn to eat a balanced diet. The reason why so many struggle to lose weight is due to eating excessive processed carbohydrates like refined grain-based starches and refined sugars. You see, there are carbs and there are carbs. We need to eat carbs that provide us with the most nutrition… those that are nutrient dense. Not like a lot of carbs & sugars they stuff in boxes and try to pass it off as a healthy option. Most people eat these every day and wonder why they can’t lose weight. The balance is upset… the body suffers.
You can’t go too far wrong if you always eat the whole fruit. This provides you with the fibre and the sugar which the body can handle as it helps to slow the blood sugar response down. You need to learn to avoid all fruit juices… they can be almost worse than drinking a soda, that is, they have more sugar content, and without the fibre it’s bad news.
When people minimize their grain consumption from cereals, breads, pasta, bagels etc, they start to lose body fat much easier. This has been my experience. The best way is to minimize grains and focus on fruits and vegetables. This alone usually causes people to begin to feel much more in control of their weight.
Truly, it’s time to get serious. Start to think before you eat, you know, spend a moment doing the calculations… Have I got my protein? Check! Have I got any fat? (the right kind), Check! Where’s the fibre? Check! Am I eating any fruit and vegetables? Check!
See it’s not that hard. This could be one thing you decide to change for the better. It will take you a little while for it to get into automatic mode, but what a great thing that will be.
Let me know how you are fairing? I’d love to hear your experiences… what foods to eat and lose weight faster have you found have been working for you?
339 total views, 2 views today